The Association for the Promotion of the Jewish Museum Hohenems has more than 600 members in ten nations. And we are growing. Our members support the museum with their annual contributions and spend time as volunteers on local, regional or even international level. Together with the museum we speak up for an open dialogue with minorities and for tolerance and inclusive values.
Become a member yourself – help us to engage others!
What are the tasks of the association?
We support the museum, both financially and with ideas. Each year we contribute more than 10,000 € to the museum’s projects.
Our goal is to strengthen the circle of support, to broaden the funds and to contribute to the development of the museum and its independent position. The board of the association is encouraging new members.
Together we celebrate events, organize excursions and advertise the ideas of the museum on all levels.
The revitalization of the old Jewish quarter and the care for the Jewish cemetery is our particular concern.
From its inception in 1986 to the new establishment of the funding body in 2002, the museum’s association was identical with the organizing institution itself. Since then, the association serves as an advocacy for the museum, both financially and on a human level.
Additionally, the president of the association serves on the institutional board along with representatives from the City of Hohenems and the State of Vorarlberg.
What does the association offers to its members?
- The museum offers: reduced admission fees for members to all exhibitions and events – even if in collaboration with other institutions,
- reduced prices for all museum’s publications,
- regular information about the activities of the museum and particular mailings for members,
- special excursions for members to interesting locations with Jewish history,
- exclusive events only for members.
- Sponsoring members enjoy particular services – such as a special guided tour by the director of the museum each year for groups up to six persons with aperitif in the museum’s café (on appointment).
Board of Directors of the Association (since March 2023)
President: Brigitte Plemel
Vice president: Severin Holzknecht
Treasurer: Daniel Mosman
Secretary: Elisabeth Bitschnau
Advisors: Yves Bollag, Jutta Berger, Evelyne Bermann, Dinah Ehrenfreund and Hildegard Schlatter